Have you been feeling very tired lately? Is the exhaustion more than normal routine tiredness? If you have been experiencing food or salt cravings it could be adrenal fatigue. Not sure what that is? You are at the right place to find out.
What is Adrenal Fatigue?
Coined in the year 1998 by a naturopath and PhD, James Wilson, adrenal fatigue is a condition where the adrenal glands are not working to their optimum functioning. The lowered rate of hormone can lead to the acquisition of flu, bronchitis or even pneumonia.
So how does it occur? It basically takes place due to excessive stress. Your adrenal glands are responsible to reduce feelings of stress and anxiety by releasing cortisol in the blood streams. But when the stress gets too high, the adrenal glands can only produce so much cortisol. When the condition gets out of hand, adrenal fatigue sets in and you feel symptoms of endless exhaustion.
Some experts claim that it isn’t only the overworked adrenal gland that exhausts its limits, but that adrenal fatigue is a result of the hypothalamus and pituitary gland not functioning adequately. Keep in mind that the stress may not necessarily be emotional, but can be physical as well. This also gives rise to a weak immune system.
How can you be absolutely sure whether it is adrenal fatigue that you have or something else? You can’t rely on a one time blood cortisol reading to evaluate adrenal fatigue. Many times this comes back normal. Either a saliva test or The DNA Uprint can help in getting to the root cause of the symptoms you are experiencing. Please contact Health Solutions Plus, 716-773-4707, for more information.
Signs and Symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue
Some of the most common signs of adrenal fatigue are listed below. If you have three or more, than you may have adrenal fatigue.
- Extreme tiredness. Feelings of lack of energy don’t go away even when you have rested and have slept.
- Craving salty food items. The reason why you crave salty food is that when the adrenal gland is not working adequately, it leads to loss of excessive minerals like magnesium, sodium, potassium. This is the reason why people urinate more often because minerals are being excreted. Hence why salty foods are demanded by the body.
- Fluctuating levels of energy. What happens is that people have highest levels of energy during morning hours and deplete throughout the day. But in case of adrenal fatigue, people have low levels of energy throughout the day with sudden bursts of high energy in between, mostly in evening. What your eating can play a big part as well. Usually there are many signs of blood sugar imbalances as well.
- Disturbed sleep pattern. Either the sufferer is unable to sleep, or when they wake up in the morning, they don’t feel rested.
- Palpitations are common among patients of adrenal fatigue, especially when they are under too much stress.
- Thyroid levels continue to remain low even when the patient is taking medication.
- Depression, irritability, panic attack and anxiety is common.
- Sex drive and libido reduce drastically.
- Blood pressure also remains low most of the times.
- Loss of hair
- Those with adrenal fatigue also have PCOS, uterine fibroids, endometriosis and fibrocystic breasts
- Foggy mind and lack of clear thinking process
- Asthma and other kind of allergies as well as respiration problems are common among adrenal fatigue sufferers.
- Immune system becomes weak to the point that a person is getting affected by various diseases.
Keep in mind though that the last thing you need to do is make self-diagnosis about this kind of condition. If you have 3-5 symptoms mentioned above and the condition seems to be getting worse, get checked out. This is one of those things that the longer it goes on, the longer it takes to see positive changes.
What can be the cause behind adrenal fatigue?
Causes of Adrenal Fatigue
These are some of the most common causes of adrenal fatigue.
Stress is the biggest cause of adrenal fatigue. Once cortisol levels have been depleted, adrenal fatigue sets in. Keep in mind that stressors can be emotional, physical, or even environmental. If you have been having problems at home relationally, are suffering from some kind of physical ailments, or are exposed to high chemical toxins, chances of adrenal fatigue increase tenfold.
Chemicals that are present in the environment are can be extremely harmful to your health. Examples include chemicals released from industries and even from daily use products like plastic and beauty products, these chemicals can damage that is unimaginable. There is a need to go back to the use of organic products and reduce industrial waste. Whole foods are important. If you can grow them yourself, even better.
If you go through severe infections, like in the gums or gut infections, it could be as a result of adrenal fatigue or could lead to adrenal fatigue.
If your body does not have adequate nutrients, like vitamins and minerals, then your body can go into stress which can lead to adrenal fatigue. The more organic food you can consume, the less your chances of nutrient deficiency.
There are many doctors who don’t recognize adrenal fatigue as a condition or disease and therefore many people never have this addressed properly.
There is help for adrenal fatigue. You will need to make some lifestyle and dietary chances as well as pull yourself out of stressful situations. The DNA Uprint from Health Solutions Plus would be a good starting point. you can identifying what systems of the body aren’t working like they should and address those. In addition, you can learn what foods you need to avoid to help you get better faster.
- Meditation, deep breathing and other exercises help in getting rid of stress, as well as improve your bodily functions. Exercise is must to keep your body healthy and fit.
- Adrenal-supportive supplements and other nutrient supplements. Contact Health Solutions Plus and we can assist you, 716-773-4707;
- Improve your sleep. Go to bed at the same time every day. Make sure you stay away from your smartphone, TV, and laptop at least 1 hour before going to bed. These technologies will disrupt your sleep.
Adrenal fatigue is not impossible to get over. It may take some time, but you can get it under control.